Trailer Registration Transfer

In order to transfer a trailer plate from one trailer to another, all paperwork must be in the name(s) of the person(s) coming in to Chestermere Lake Registry Services If that person is unable to come into the registry, they must sign an Authorization for Vehicle Services allowing someone else to transfer the trailer licence plate on their behalf.

How do you GET a trailer licence plate transfer?

When you come in to Chestermere Lake Registry Services, please remember to bring:

  • The Bill of Sale, Your licence plate number and Your driver’s licence
  • If it’s a BRAND NEW TRAILER: the original NVIS (New Vehicle Information Statement) or Statement of Origin.
  • If it’s from OUT OF THE COUNTRY: Import Form 1 (obtained from the border)