Motor Vehicle Services
Vehicle Registration Renewal (Register)
Out of Province and Country Vehicle
Vehicle Registration Transfer
Duplicate Vehicle Registration
Trailer Registration Transfer
Motorcycle and Off Highway Vehicle Registration
Replace Lost or Stolen Licence Plate
Disabled Parking Placard
Personalized or Vanity Plate
Write-Off/Salvage Inspection Form
Vehicle Registration Confirmation Letter
Prorate Services & Fleet Services
Assigned VIN Program
COVID-19 INFO & HOLIDAY HOURS
An in-transit permit is issued when you need to move an unregistered vehicle or trailer between two points within Canada. You must either start OR end your journey in the province of Alberta.
Need more information on when in-transit permits are issued?
In-transit permits are only issued in the following situations:
- Unregistered vehicles moving from point A to B (max. of 3 days within Alberta, or max. of 7 days out of province).
- Towed vehicles (max. of 3 days within Alberta, or max. of 7 days out of province).
- For demonstration/test drive purposes (max. of 7 days).
- Repairs/servicing (max. of 7 days).
- Salvage vehicles traveling/moving within Alberta (max. of 24 hours).
How do you get an in-transit permit?
When you come into Chestermere Lake Registry Services, please bring in the following:
- Proof of insurance or proof of out-of-province insurance
- Proof of ownership (only required if vehicle is moving into or out of Alberta)